Octopus helps teams to manage releases, automate deployments, and automate the runbooks that keep their software operating.
Octopus & Your Business
Octopus enables continuous deployment (CD). It automates deployment, making it much quicker for software to be deployed, removes potential for manual deployment mistakes, and provides detailed visibility of what software was deployed and when.
For fast-paced, agile organisations this allows code to be shipped more frequently, providing a much tighter feedback loop, and reducing the friction from concept to reality.
- It is an advanced deployment tool suitable for many deployment scenarios
- Can track releases very easily across multiple software projects at a time
- Works amazing when paired with TeamCity Build to provide comprehensive CI/CD pipelines
- Can run automated scripts and customise deployment steps
- It can easily scale across multiple build servers, environments, and multiple tenants
- Really easy to manage, track and securely roll out deployments even for very complex projects
- Can easily roll out patch deployments, rollbacks, deployments on multiple targets at the same time, create standard deployment cycles etc.
What does it mean for us?
At Canary, we use Octopus to maintain, track, properly version and deploy software applications.
- Successful deployments each time
- It is flexible with support for projects of any complexity
- Octopus provides for immediate visibility of deployed software versions